Why host a discussion?
Hosting a discussion of A National Strategic Narrative is a first step in helping people engage with the ideas expressed in this document. You can start with a group of 2-6 people and invite them to participate via email. Copy and edit the following email to invite your participants:
Thank you for planning to attend a discussion of A National Strategic Narrative.
As preparation for the discussion, please read the Narrative Strategic Narrative on the web http://www.wilsoncenter.org/sites/default/files/A%20National%20Strategic%20Narrative.pdf
In our session we will focus on the following five questions:
1. What were your key take-aways after reading the National Strategic Narrative?
2. If you were encouraging a friend to read the National Strategic Narrative, how would you describe WHY it is worthwhile to read?
3. If the US were to adopt the priorities expressed in the National Strategic Narrative, how might our country be different in 10 years, in 20 years?
4. If a person chose to support the ideas expressed in the National Strategic Narrative, what actions might they take to further support the ideas in a more widespread conversation among citizens?
5. What other ideas would you like to share about the National Strategic Narrative?